Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Penguin and Snow Nail Art



SO. It took me about two days to think of a manicure to do, for some reason nothing was grabbing my attention... Then "Mr Popper's Penguins" inspired me to create this :)

I searched for a penguin nail art tutorial and found this one. I didn't want to do all penguins, I wanted the penguin as an accent nail so I needed snow for the other fingers and I found these two (frostbite nails and winter nails) designs which I combined to create pretty falling snow :)

My index finger nail broke funny :(



Index finger nail also broke on my right hand, sigh!

Penguins :D

I originally wanted to do the beak in yellow but that didn't work out (thankfully without destroying everything I'd done!) and I changed the beak to orange which I think is still super cute :) I love this design so much!

The polishes I used are:
Essence - Colour and Go: 46 Wake Up!
Essence - Colour and Go: 53 You Belong To Me
Essence - Tip Painter
Paris - Shade 038
Paris - Shade 070

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you found my penguin nail-art tutorial and that it inspired you to create your own version.

    I really love what you've done here! :)

    ReplyDelete