Monday, May 14, 2012

Freehand Flowers



I've been wanting to use my nail art brushes that I bought with some of the money I got for my birthday so I searched for a mani that looked like it would be a relatively easy one to do for a first try at freehand nail art :)

I found this mani done by Rina Alcantara at Simply Rins. I don't have a light brown polish so I opted to use black instead.

I really enjoyed doing this mani! It was quite a challenge and I found that the polish did not stay solid (as in, the colour spread and the black showed through) so I had to stroke really slow and top up the paint on the brush to make the petals solid.

I chose to do scattered flowers instead of focusing on doing them more towards the tips as Rina did.




I am really happy with how they turned out :D I couldn't stop staring at my hands the entire day!

For this mani I used:
M.O.D Nail Lacquer - Shade 22
Paris - Shade 038
Paris - Shade 070

Over the weekend I also got this special effect topper by Essence... Nail Art Special Effect! Topper: 09 Copper'ize Me! LOOK AT THE GLITTER! So pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment