I got to University at an acceptable time and walked to where registration was happening. There were quite a few people but not a huge mass as in 2010 and last year, lol!
The process is as follows:
- Wait in a line to get a fees clearance paper.
- Wait in a line to go into the hall for registration.
- Get your file from the front.
- Fill out your registration form if you have not already done so.
- Get your subjects signed off from each person representing your subject.
- Wait in the final queue to get your entire form stamped from the head of faculty.
- Get your student card updated.
This is how the process went for me:
- Walk into the fees clearance room, sit on a chair and barely have enough time to get what I need out of my portfolio to give to the lady to check. Get my fee clearance paper in 5 minutes.
- Walk to the back of a huuuuuuge queue of people sitting on chairs waiting for registration to open. Feel sad that I was going to wait there for about an hour or so.
- See someone I know, greet friend, sit in line still feeling sad.
- THEN OUT OF NOWHERE A MAGICAL BEING CALLS ALL THE BEconSci STUDENTS TO THE FRONT :D
- Wave bye to all the Accounting (and whatever else) students.
- Get file from the front, get told to go speak to some man.
- Man tells me he is only dealing with Actuarial Science students.
- Go sit and frantically figure out what to do regarding subject clashes and friend from earlier said that I need a special form.
- Wait in a queue for special form and help.
- Find out that I need to apply for part-time classes for Economics. Also found out that I need to go to both the Maths and Computer Science departments to get my subjects signed off.
- Get subjects signed off.
- Wait in queue for final stamp.
- Go downstairs to the student card place, for some reason they weren't in the hall like they usually were in previous years.
- Wait in a HUGE ASS LINE to sort out my student card.
- Get student card updated, man couldn't pronounce my surname LOL.
- Go to parking office, fill out form for student parking.
- Go to part-time class building, hand in form and get told to come back tomorrow.
- Go home.
Now time to finish up cleaning my room...