Sunday, November 20, 2011

My First Tape Mani




It seems my blog has become flooded with nail mani posts (with the pictures being taken a few days after the mani has been done) haha! But fear not, for I will be blogging about tons of other things too! I just haven't had time to sit down and write properly.

Since I am on holiday now and have some time, on Friday I decided to try do a design on my nails. I thought for a while about what I'd like to try, and I remembered that Jane at Nailside has some funky tape manis. Off I went to find one that would be relatively easy for a first timer, and I found this: Zigzag pattern tape mani.

It is very frustrating to cut the tape, next time I'll use smaller scissors since mine are quite large and difficult to work with for this type of precision cutting. I used an untried polish for the base, Essence "39 Lime Up!", and the top is Charlie by Revlon's "Festival Feathers 001". My nails are quite short, so I felt that two colours would be better than three. Something to note: using polishes that require two coats didn't turn out so well for me. The base took ages to dry (even when using quick drying spray) and my left index finger messed up TWICE (that's why it is plain in the pictures, I have had no time to redo it for a third time).





I also used my matte top coat and overall, I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I'm not phased that the zigzags are uneven, I actually like it! I'll definitely give this tape mani another go sometime during the holidays... I have two manis lined up for the next couple of weeks because of events I am attending... :)

Jane's advice about using a glossy top coat and then a matte top coat is something one should take note of! My middle right finger smudged a bit and I only saw the comment about the matte top coat smudging AFTER it smudged the blue onto the lime.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the way it looks! The colors are so pretty together and the matte finish makes it really edgy ^^

    ReplyDelete